AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converted my video files into a bluray folder using multiAVCHD. I now want to use Nero 9 to burn the directory structure onto a disc so that I can play it in my home theater.

The directory is called MyMovie. It has the standard Bluray folders within it: BDHV, CERTIFICATE etc. The first time I tried Nero I opened MyMovie and dragged the individual subdirectories into my project. I assumed that I did not want to include MyMovie itself in the disc image. Nero accepted this (but I don't think it every knew I was burning a movie instead of raw data) and churned out the disc in about 30 minutes.

The disc plays fine with PowerDVD. I tried it in two different players: Sony S350 and Samsung 1200 but they both complain that the disc is unreadable. I would like to solve the problem without consuming any unnecessary blank media.

Should I have just dragged "MyMovie" into Nero BurningROM and let it handle everything or is there something else I need to do?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
No one here may have an answer, because most of us probably wouldn't waste the time or money to buy a bluray burner and burn to blurays. We build HTPCs to play the bluray file directly off the PC.

Have you checked the specs of your bluray players to see that they support reading BD-R media? Just because a player can read a regular BD does not mean it can read a BD-R. In fact, I wouldn't put it past the blu ray player company's to have made agreements with the movie companies to purposefully not read BD-R to help against piracy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have successfully created bluray discs in the past, using the exact same file that has the problem now. However this is my first attempt with Nero. I was previously using an evaluation copy of some other software that I decided would not be a reasonable investment.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I switched to ImgBurn and everything seems to be fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts