AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I purchased a Magnavox 27" HDTV Monitor (27MT5405) from CircuitCity. There's a thread introducing it but I'm apparently not allowed to post links yet. In any case, it seemed like a good deal ($380 for a 27" HDTV) and so far it's working out great except for a slight blurring issue.

Since I'm in the process of moving, I haven't been able to test it with an HD signal. So as far as picture quality I have only what I saw in-store to go on (which was pretty darn good). I have used it to watch some regular old analog cable and the picture is as good as it can be I suppose. The only problem is that whenever there's movement onscreen the picture blurs. It's a little hard to explain but it's most-noticeable with animated shows. When a character is stationary, the edges around him are nice and crisp. If he, say, moves an arm though, the lines around the arm blur slightly until it stops, at which point they crisp up again. Real noticeable on mouths too.

I've also noticed the same sort of behavior when I have my laptop hooked up to the S-video port. When I move the mouse across the screen, it leaves a blurry wake, almost like heat distortion. Same thing with my PS2 (which is also using S-video) Very strange.

I thought the blur wasn't showing up when viewing DVDs, but I tested it with an episode of Fururama, and it's still there, albeit barely.

Now, being an HD newbie, I have no idea if this is common (based on the fact that I'm using S-video and analog cable), or if I should return the set.

Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.