Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had my Samsung DLP 507W for 2 weeks now and have been testing it out with a Pioneer DVC 503 player over 480i(component). I also bought the Bravo D1 & connected it over DVI @ 720p. Since i don't own many movies on DVD, i rented out the Toy Story ultimate edition (3 dvd set) yesterday.

During the opening scenes, i could see some blurry area around the titles, if i looked close enough(6-7 ft away). I observed this over both the component & DVI inputs. So, i now wonder if this is an issue with the TV or if this something particular to the DVD.

Other observations between the 2 inputs:

1. On the THX optimode video test, the component input allowed for better aspect ratio control.

2. PQ is softer on the DVI input for the same patterns.

3. On the 4:3/16:9 test (circle inside rectangle pattern), the DVI picture exhibited some streaks/jagged edges on the circle. Component was perfect.

Are there other movies which would be good to test the difference between the 2 dvd players ? I own Matrix, X-men, black hawk down, oceans 11, lotr-1 & crouching tiger.

Thanks

Nivas

·
Registered
463 Posts
Could be that the Bravo DVD player is rather craptacular with regards to performance.

I am suspect of ANY player that clocks in at 199 or less.

It is also testament to the ablilty of wideband component video, and how good it can be in the face of DVI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know the Samsungs do focus well, there is no problem probably on that end. When you have it paused it does take a second or two to focus with a DVD, but it does focus after 2 seconds always.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Is the DVI input taking the DVI-D or DVI-A signal? Your symptoms sound analog to me, the connector design does allow both signals to be passed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using a DVI-D male to male cable which came with a Dell FP monitor. So, it is definitely a digital signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.