AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Mitsubishi Diamond Series ws-65908. I also got the Dish Network HD 6000 series receiver. For some reason all my channels look a little blurry. It is strange, they pictures are soooooo clear, but yet the whole screen seems to have a slight blurr. The high def channels look way better of course, but the regular satellite chennls look blurry. I tjough tha the hd receiver was supposed to make even the regular satellite channels look great and mine look blurry. I am not sure what is wrong. I think i have tried all the obvious solotions. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my TV?

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

:(

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Two things: Watch standard def signals via the S-Video output. Component upconverts it to 1080i, poorly, making a soft picture look even softer.

Second, DISH and DirecTV are highly compressed and all their SD channels are low res, some being decent at best. I find them unwatchable on my 47" Panasonic. A set as large as yours, well, yikes.

This is why I have cable. I get a very good signal from Comcast and the quality is easily superior to DISH. Of course, I also get 69 channels for $12.13 a month, due to their error. Otherwise i'd live with the softness of DISH's channels.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ah, yes. I remember the shock and horror of first seeing a DirectTv SD signal on my Tosh 65H80. It's a big disappointment, but there's nothing wrong with your TV. I've pretty much resigned myself to watching SD material on my old 31" direct-view RCA. D* looks great on that, but the signal is just too compressed for a 65" screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.