AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Dish 6000, and have connected it to my Mitsubishi 55805, with the supplied component cable the picture is very blurry, almost unwatchable, the picture is much better through the S-video cable. Is this normal, or is there a problem with my TV, cable, or 6000 receiver?

·
Registered
33,591 Posts
I had exactly the same problem on a number of standard def channels on Dish when I switched from DTV. My wife thought she needed glasses, it was that bad. It forced me to switch back to DTV. DTV is certainly no bargain for SD channels either, but I found it to be significantly better than Dish.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross:
I had exactly the same problem on a number of standard def channels on Dish when I switched from DTV.
Well, that wouldn't explain why it looks fine when viewed on the S-Video output.

If you like the output on the S-video output, perhaps you should just used that output when viewing SDTV material. The line-doubler on the model 6000 is certainly nothing to write home about, so perhaps you are better off using the line-doubler built-in your HDTV. Even better, get a DVDO line-doubler and feed all your SDTV material through it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Connection and setup problem? Checked the right TV type 720p or 1080i .....?

I have E6000, use the HD output all the time. I got better picture all around, on both standard channels and HD channels.

One thing I noticed is that there is slight difference in color convergence between HD input and S-video input for my TV. This has nothing to do with E6000. But one I have decided to stay on HD output, and adjust the color convergence of my RPTV, I didn't have to do it again. But if I would go back to S-video, I probably have to readjust it a little bit. Don't know why, this is definitely the TV situation - no big deal though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree with Eugene. I use my 6000 on 720p output through component for everything and it looks great. Some of the digital and premium channels look almost as good as progressive DVDs.

It's really confusing why so many say S-video using a line doubler looks sharper. This is not the case for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.