AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I've searched on where a lot of people ask questions regarding this type of TV and all signs point to here, so here goes.

I was praying you guys could help me. I'd like to say this issue was not always present, but it may be possible I have just not noticed it until now.

Red text on my TV is extremely blurry using HDMI as an input method for my computer, especially on a dark background. I don't have a way to test any other inputs method such as VGA, nor does my GPU support it. I don't get this issue with any other devices connected to my TV.

I've researched this issue for days and have tried an abundance of steps to no avail, you guys are my last hope!

The steps I've tried are as follows:

-Ensured the PC was running at the native resolution of the TV
-Turned off all post processing on both the TV and via windows. (Overscan, underscan, aspect ratio, adaptive contrast, etc)
-Uninstalled the display drivers, did a full cleaning of any residual files. Downloaded the newest drivers and tried older ones as well.
-Adjust the refresh rate in windows, going between 59 and 60.
-Replaced HDMI cable
-Made sure any "gaming" modes on the TV were off. The TV does recognize the HDMI input as "PC" when the HDMI cable is connected.
-I've adjusted and turned off Clear Type in windows
-Created a custom color profile for windows using both the standard and a "professional" monitor calibration tool.
-Looked for any applicable options in the service menu, though I chickened out as I have no idea what i'm doing and would not like to cause further harm to the display.

I'm at a loss on what to do. Again, I don't recall this problem being presently until recently, at least not that I've noticed.

Thank you all in advance for any time you make reviewing this post and helping me come to a solution.

Thank you again so much,
Naromi

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try reducing the sharpness. I had the same issue with my 39" Insignia and that worked for me. I believe I had to go all the way down to 15 on the scale to get it clear.

BTW it may have helped more if the you posted the brand name of the TV in addition to the model number. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Naromi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the possible solution and tip Lorenz, when I get home I'll edit my post accordingly.

Adjusting all variables of the picture settings including sharpness, brightness contrast, etc, has no noticeable affect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the possible solution and tip Lorenz, when I get home I'll edit my post accordingly.

Adjusting all variables of the picture settings including sharpness, brightness contrast, etc, has no noticeable affect.
Sorry about another post, it won't let me edit my first one.

Adjusting the contrast over the half-way mark helps a marginal amount, although everything is then extremely over sharpened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it fixed itself.

I restarted my computer, all of a sudden the color/tint/sharpness settings are grayed out and the text is perfect, i'm happy this is fixed, but why did it happen? And what do the grayed out settings all of a sudden indicate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.