AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have all my video cables running behind my walls and out of sight. Of course, to do this I had to buy the cables early, long before the projector. Well, not knowing what kind of projector I would be getting I terminated both ends with RCA connectors. I ended up getting the Sanyo PLV-60, which offers both RCA and BNC connectors. Is it worth upgrading from the RCA to the BNC? I know BNC gives a more solid connection, but is it worth snaking the wire through the walls again? Or has anyone used the canare RCA/BNC adapters? Another alternative is to clip then ends and terminate them myself with BNC, but I think the bettercables people did a better job than I would at getting the connector on properly.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would agree, its probably not worth rerunning the cables through the wall. I would also keep away from the adapters as this would only worsen the connection.

However, its probably worth noting that all the money you paid for those cables (I'm in the same boat, BTW) has reportedly been equaled by shielded Cat5, which not only presents a very low inductance and capitance to the projector, but more importantly closer to the proper imedence. That the BNC's also present a correct impedence makes them definetly the connection of choice. I think its always best to terminate in BNC and adapt to RCA if necessary.

Kelly

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
Hi,

If it were me, I think I would remove the RCA's and re-terminate with BNC's. But if you paid big money for cable you maybe don't want to be cutting it. I think some RCA's are better than others as well. If you keep the RCA's I think I would crimp them a little so they fit very snug. That seems like it would be almost as good or as good as BNC.

Good Luck,

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.