AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good quality BNC Y-Cable to purchase. Does anyone have a name of a good place to purchase one from or know of anyone whom makes them?

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
809 Posts
You can try www.milestek.com. I know they sell various adapters. The problem would be maintaining 75-ohm impedence after splitting. I know Milestek has 2 BNC that gets coverted to 'S,' as I bought the RCA version. You might to look at Markertek ( www.markertek.com ) and Parts Express too, www.partsexpress.com

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another idea I just thought of that would work out better would be a connector (T style) that has either three male BNC ends or 2 male and one female end. I agree, I need to make sure that I find a connector that is a try 75-ohm. Can anyone help me out with this type of T-connector?

Rick

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes - Milestek has something like that:

they list a 75 ohm too for $3.75

BNC Connectivity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto-Terminating "T" Adapters

In place of a traditional “T†adapter, use the auto-terminating “T†adapter that automatically terminates the Thin Ethernet segment in the event either one of the two inline BNC plugs are removed from the adapter’s BNC jacks. This feature protects against transmission interruption of the segment between the disconnected jack at the adapter and the other terminated end. Internal resistors of the auto-terminating adapters are ceramic type with a 50 ohm 5% 0.25W rating.

Related Items: BNC Cables.

"Click" the MilesTek part number to order the product.

10-02929

50 ohm Auto-Terminating "T"

....$3.75

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would say use a distribution amplifier...that way you lose no signal quality or have any type of impedance mismatch.

Use a RCA to BNC adaptor if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.