Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bob,

First off let me say that I have been here at AVS for years now and I have always found your posts to be informative, interesting and even at times funny. Your recent post however called "Ripping 101" was a true god send in my opinion. I have been interested in DVD ripping for a long time but could never find the right info to dive in. Everything I read looked very difficult to do and the end results were lower quality and in my case, usless. So with you awesome instructions in hand I set out this weekend to give this a go. 1/2 hour later I was happily ripping my first DVD and it worked perfectly. :D I even ripped a DVD that had region problems but your instructions for ifoedit were perfect. Anyway, great job and thanks so much for the effort.

I did however have one DVD (Dream Theater Metropolis) that I could not rip at all. SmartRipper would indicate block errors and after only 9% complete SmartRipper would lock-up. Any ideas on that one...?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,

The search function on AVS is currently disabled because server traffic is too high so I can't find the link right now, but when the server function comes back up either search for all posts from Bob Sorel or the key words "Ripping 101" and you should find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.