AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone gave me a Bogen HTA250A amplifier for free. I have an extra sub just sitting in storage and I was wondering if there are any downsides to using it to power my subwoofer.

The amp was used to power a multi speaker public address system in a warehouse. It has some funky ohm ratings, balanced/unbalanced inputs and Lo-Z and Hi-Z inputs, etc...

If it is usable, then what input on the amp should I use if I am running the LFE channel to it from my main amplifier?

I have other questions, but I will wait to see if anyone has any answers to my general question before wading in too deep.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Bogen Hta-250 is the big brother to teh hta-125. It has multiple ways to connect it to your speaker system(s). If you are running subwoofer, (which this amp is very good for), then read the impedance rating of your sub. Attach the black neg (-) wire to the COM term of the amp, connect the red pos(+) wire to the appropriate term(either 8 for 8 ohms , or 4 for 4 ohms). Connect your input, turn the gain control all the way counter-clockwise, turn on the source equipment, then turn on the amp, turn the gain clockwise until you reach the desire gain amount. Using the amp at the lowest gain setting possible will reduce the spurious noise (not program) the amp picks up.

Hope this helps.......Tac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts