AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sigh, BG is no longer in business. It looks like they were bought out by Christie when one of the founders passed away. What you see on Parts Express is likely just what they got of the remaining stock on hand.

I have 2 pairs of BG Radia 520 towers and a 220 center channel. They are wonderful speakers every bit equivalent to the Martin Logans since some of the ML's used BG ribbons. I hope my speakers remain reliable and I don't need service because now there's nowhere to service them afaik.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sigh, BG is no longer in business. It looks like they were bought out by Christie when one of the founders passed away. What you see on Parts Express is likely just what they got of the remaining stock on hand.
My understanding is that BG stopped selling to DIY suppliers when they were bought out, but PE recently struck a deal to carry their products again.

·
Registered
846 Posts

I have 2 pairs of BG Radia 520 towers and a 220 center channel. They are wonderful speakers every bit equivalent to the Martin Logans since some of the ML's used BG ribbons. I hope my speakers remain reliable and I don't need service because now there's nowhere to service them afaik.
From what I can tell, all the BG drivers are available except for the RD series, such as the RD75, RD50, etc. I believe your Radia 520 uses the RD50. I use the RD75 in a home brew active system. My guess is that BG was having the Neo drivers made to their specs. Parts Express apparently worked out a deal with Christie to maintain distribution. This is great news. At some point I would like to compare a line of Neo10s or Neo8s's to the RD75. http://www.parts-express.com/Search.aspx?keyword=Bohlender%20Graebener&sitesearch=true

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts