Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I have had my X1 for about 2 weeks now and am loving every minute. I had a Dell 2100MP before this so I am able to appreciate the differences and advantages the X1 has over the 2100.

Now I am trying to make a DIY wall mount for the X1 but couldn't find any information on the bolt size on the ceiling mount holes on the X1.

I am sorry if this information is readily available and I over looked it..My wife says I can never find anything...

Thanks all

·
Registered
807 Posts
metric - 4mm. account for the mount thickness as well as the thickness of the thread block in the X1's base !

Mark

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why does it matter if the bolt is metric or otherwise...I thought it was the bolt thickness what maters...and maybe the threads...

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
You need to use a metric bolt because the threads inside the projector mounting holes are metric. I'm not saying that something else may not fit it but chances are you will end up stripping the threads or getting the bolt stuck in the mounting holes. Stick with the metric, they are not that hard to find. I got mine at Home Depot and while the selection there was limited, I found this 4mm bolt in about 5 different lengths. I have the SP4800 which is pretty much like your X1 so I know what the bolts look like. I started out with the idea that I would make my own mount but once I checked into everything I would need along with my limited tinkering skills I opted to buy a mount online. I found it on Ebay for about 60 bucks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
Make sure you go to a hardware store that has a large supply of metric bolts as Home Depot only has verry short 4mm bolts.
My Home Depot had 50mm length bolts. That's what I used for my DIY mount.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did finally realize why there aren't many screen shots of projestors on the forum.

I tried taking some shots of SHREK last night and even my Nikon 5700 5.0 Mp camera could do justice to the picture quality as I see it with my naked eye...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.