AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 862 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled on what appears to be an interesting new entrant joining the UST party:

-native 4K
-RGB tri-color laser light source

I've never heard of this company before, but I'm curious to see if they'll be able to deliver something at the VAVA 4k price point that performs at or near the level of a Samsung LSP9T.

Reactions: Meihk

·
Registered
878 Posts
Actually have their true wireless earbuds that were probably the best sub $50 pair I've owned. Their Facebook reused to bug me all the time to post Amazon deals of their products.

This one I'd be happy to help in on and rout if she gave me a cheap one to play with and it was any good.

The "native 4k" is kind of funny.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Needs a better price point then VAVA hopefully that entry price will stick

·
Registered
75" Sony x900h * Denon x4700h * Infinity RC263 & R162x4 * Sony SS-CSEx4 * PSA v1500 * Sony x1100es
19 Posts
Interesting. My wife also has the bomaker wireless earbuds. Interested in seeing this in action.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Low-quality writing and images on the site to advertise a product that aims for video quality?
Ok
It's a chinese company. When have you ever known a tiny off brand China company (not your xiaomi level type) to have stellar English when everything they write is translated from Chinese? It's extremely common.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m curious if it’s worth considering. I just picked up a vava during an Amazon lightning deal for $1950 but I’m wondering how the two would compare for only $50 more for the Polaris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah that’s what I’d like to know. The vava has been around long enough now to establish itself as a pretty good ust projector, especially for the price point. The specs on the Polaris are tempting but I’m apprehensive not knowing how it will perform in actual testing

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I stumbled on what appears to be an interesting new entrant joining the UST party:

-native 4K
-RGB tri-color laser light source

I've never heard of this company before, but I'm curious to see if they'll be able to deliver something at the VAVA 4k price point that performs at or near the level of a Samsung LSP9T.
I have a feeling this would be a rebranded CHiQ C8UT. CHiQ is a pretty established brand in China. Apparently they’re licensing the tri-laser C8UT to SIM2 already. Considering that SIM2 is not nearly as popular in the US as they are in the EU It would make sense. Hopefully they get enough traction to put it into production.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is extremely intriguing but it's in the concept phase and I have doubts that they will make the December expected date. Also, looking into the company, they tend to make very cheap projectors and buds which have variable reviews. Also, it is listed as "Flexible Goal" on indiegogo which I believe indicates that they won't necessarily refund the money if they don't distribute the product. I really want to support them and get one but I think I'm going to have to wait...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This is extremely intriguing but it's in the concept phase and I have doubts that they will make the December expected date. Also, looking into the company, they tend to make very cheap projectors and buds which have variable reviews. Also, it is listed as "Flexible Goal" on indiegogo which I believe indicates that they won't necessarily refund the money if they don't distribute the product. I really want to support them and get one but I think I'm going to have to wait...
Yeah, $2,000 is a big gamble. I’m surprised they haven’t at least made the prototype yet. They’ve reached 430% of their $10,000 goal. Yet, I can’t even find an update on their page. I was convinced VAVA was going to be vapor ware. Hopefully, it’s the same story here.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I’m curious if it’s worth considering. I just picked up a vava during an Amazon lightning deal for $1950 but I’m wondering how the two would compare for only $50 more for the Polaris
On paper the Polaris beats the Vava spec-wise, but at this point it's a gamble. While Bomaker at least has prior experience producing projectors, reading the comments on this similar project, the Ilumee, certainly gives me pause. $2k is a lot of money to throw at something considering you don't really know how the final product will perform. And as you mentioned, the Vava has the benefit of being well-established now with plenty of positive reviews to at least provide some peace of mind. I doubt you'll regret your Vava purchase, especially at that sale price.

Incidentally, I find it mildly amusing that the "Recently Featured In" section of the story for the Polaris includes AVSforum given that this is the only thread that discusses it.

Reactions: Delanejenkins

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a feeling this would be a rebranded CHiQ C8UT. CHiQ is a pretty established brand in China. Apparently they’re licensing the tri-laser C8UT to SIM2 already. Considering that SIM2 is not nearly as popular in the US as they are in the EU It would make sense. Hopefully they get enough traction to put it into production.

That's a pretty interesting theory. It would substantially reduce the engineering time I would think, making a December release more plausible.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Would that be good though? That site, PassionHomeCinema, rated the C8UT last on the UST projector list behind Vava:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would that be good though? That site, PassionHomeCinema, rated the C8UT last on the UST projector list behind Vava:
It's quite possible the C8UT is last on that list because it resembles a Roomba vacuum.

1 - 20 of 862 Posts