AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all DIY'ers im new to the hobby, and currently have a sonosub underway, ive been reading different post, and have become very intrigued with the art of building speakers. With this being said in looking for good reference material, ie books, and software that can help me with a complete understanding of speaker construction.. Im able to follow instructions, but i want to actually know what im doing( ie, understating x-overs, and roll offs, pink noise, building box's etc... and things that make a quality speaker just that, and not what someone else says.)

so if anyone has suggestions on some reading material and/or software that helps my learning it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

damon

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
A few great ones, first off, the master handbook of acoustics is a great read for getting a foundation under your feet so you can understand how/why we have what we have today. Secondly, the loudspeaker cookbook series is a great one, they explain a whole lot of stuff and include a lot of designs too.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystud0911 /forum/post/0

A few great ones, first off, the master handbook of acoustics is a great read for getting a foundation under your feet so you can understand how/why we have what we have today. Secondly, the loudspeaker cookbook series is a great one, they explain a whole lot of stuff and include a lot of designs too.

Here are the ISBNs for the books to make it a little easier to search for them:

Master Handbook of Acoustics (ISBN: 0071360972)

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook (ISBN: 1882580478)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Speaker Building 201 and Testing Loudspeakers are good books. For reasonably priced software I would look at SoundEasy and LSPCad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.