Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the distribute though out my new home all pre-wired:

Klipsch B20

Cerwin Vega VE-5M

EMP tek E5bi

Boston Acoustics CS26

Must be in the $200 pair price range. I should also add that 7" to 9" depth is needed.

Sugestions?

PIONEER SC-75 9.2-Channel ELITE AV Receiver

KRAMER VM-28H 1:8 HDMI Distribution Amplifier

ATON DLA6 IR Speaker Selector

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1524298/bookshelf-recommendations-200-per-pair-range#post_24529370

How many pairs are you looking for?

For now 1 or 2 pair, if I like what I hear maybe 5 or 6.

·
Registered
19,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missin44  /t/1524298/bookshelf-recommendations-200-per-pair-range#post_24531807

For now 1 or 2 pair, if I like what I hear maybe 5 or 6.

Look at the WaveCrest HVL-1 speakers - the more you buy, the cheaper they are.

There is a count/number option box on the right.
http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/products/hvl-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair

Email them, he will work with you - talk about your future plans.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW  /t/1524298/bookshelf-recommendations-200-per-pair-range#post_24532062

http://emptek.com/e5bi.php

Manufacturer direct. No dealer markup. They will outperform the others.

Yeah I have heard some good things, thugh not a lot of info on them. Do you have these? Heard them?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've been reading about all the hype on the Pioneer sp-bs22 speakers and finally picked a pair up last night on sale at BB. They are the real deal. Very very good sounding speakers. I've had lots...B&W 685, HSU HB-1, Paradigm Mini Monitor, Axiom Audio, Energy RC-10, Klipsch RB-5II, DCM CX-17, Polk Monitor 10 upgraded, etc. I can be happy with these little Pioneer bookshelves. Andrew Jones obviously knows his stuff. I just don't get how they can get such good sound for so little cost. I think they should be at the top of the list you provided above. And they are cheaper

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking very hard at the Pioneer SP.-BS22LR. I've found them for $80 per pair and after research I think I'm going to give them a try. Thanks for the tips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts