AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a semi-new home owner, but I love music and quality sound. I enjoy higher quality sound than my budget allows, thus, I'm forced to locate those bang for buck options and stair-step upgrades. My Current HT Setup is as follows:
  • Denon AVR-1913 Reciever in 7.1
  • Dayton Audio B652 L/R
  • Energy Take Classic Center and Surrounds
  • BIC F12 Subwoofer

I find the Energy Takes to be adequate for surround duty, as we rarely watch movies. Its often TV, occasional Xbox/Wii/PC games, and lots of music and kid stuff. With that said, I do find the center and mains to be lackluster, and I want to upgrade them slightly. The B652s are great for the price I paid, but they were really just to help me get started. I'd like to move them to the garage for listening while I'm working on random things and upgrade them to something better.

The F12 also is a bit lackluster, GREAT for the money, but its not quite as tight as I'd like it for the amount of music we listen to on this system, but this also could be the fact that it doesn't blend that well with the mains. Regardless, I can't upgrade it at this time but was looking at the HSU

Cliff-notes, I want to upgrade the mains and I only have $200. (getting the matching center at a later date) I was looking at either the BIC FH6B, Energy CB-10s, Monitor Audio M1s, or the KEF C3. I CANNOT spend more than $200ish on this upgrade (unfortunately) but I believe either of these three are significantly better than what I have.

Thoughts, recommendations, and name-calling are welcome.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Do they have to be bookshelfs? The Pioneer fs52's are highly regarded floor standers that come close to your budget. One of the problems with your center channel is it doesn't match your mains. Front soundstage should at least be from same mfg, and preferably from the same line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened to the thread? All the posts are gone :\

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts