AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had trouble finding speaker stands that were large enough to handle my Athena AS-B2 speakers and not get knocked over by our 70lb clumsy dog. I ended up getting two accent tables that matched our living room and were sturdy enough to hold the speakers (link: http://www.winsomewood.com/products/92714)

I know it isn’t a purpose built speaker stand, but is there anything I can put under the speaker to improve isolation?

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
How about a pair of mouse pads? That should be cheap. Alternatives can be rubber feet from the hardware store, or an actual speaker isolation pad or feet (sorbothane) from Amazon, Crutchfield, Monoprice, etc. Also, weight works wonders, so something heavy laid anywhere on the stand will tend to dampen resonances.

·
Registered
851 Posts
BTW anyone know where to get an extra set of those little half ball feet klipsch uses for their RB61 bookshelves? Those are the nicest I've seen so far, and want an extra set!

Couldn't find them on the internet. edit found non klipsch brand of them, $20 unfortunately.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like using that perforated rubber shelving/drawer liner material. I recommend the thicker version of it. I buy it in rolls in black color and cut two layers to fit for each speaker. It works well and a cheap fix. Rubber feet on the tables if they're going on hard floors too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There is just felt between the bottom of my speakers and the stand's wood surface they sit on... bad idea?

I have noticed a huge improvement (different room, setup, & speakers) when I went from sitting them directly on a stone surface, to putting big rubber feet on them. I'm a believer in those, just cost too much. Maybe I can split some of those rubber hi-bounce balls in half, double side tape them on. No way could I get it even though.

·
Registered
18,411 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts