AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for all audio garage speakers. Would prefer some bass but not expecting much. Will be looking on the used market but have no problem buy new. Running them on a Denon AVR2800 that has been relegated to the garage. Currently have 20yr old Boston Acoustic which work well enough but want a little more full body...

Suggestions good people?

DPN

·
The Village Idiot
9,719 Posts
You might want to read this bookshelf speaker shootout. Some are still in production and some aren't. I had a pair of the 3 way Yamaha 6490's for a time - ended up giving them to my son. I haven't bought any of the others. The Infinity Primus hits fairly low for a bookshelf. I can't find the specs for them ATM but 45hz comes to mind. For the price they seem to get some very decent reviews. I did have a small pair of Infinity 800 something (CRS) speakers that had the same tweeter as in the Primus line that IMO were very good.

If you have the floor space Polk sells refurbished speakers on ebay. The RTI8 towers play down to 40hz according to Polk. I've never heard them.

Since you aren't opposed to buying used post your general location and maybe someone will spot a great deal. You never know whats going to be on Craig's List.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You might want to read this bookshelf speaker shootout. Some are still in production and some aren't. I had a pair of the 3 way Yamaha 6490's for a time - ended up giving them to my son. I haven't bought any of the others. The Infinity Primus hits fairly low for a bookshelf. I can't find the specs for them ATM but 45hz comes to mind. For the price they seem to get some very decent reviews. I did have a small pair of Infinity 800 something (CRS) speakers that had the same tweeter as in the Primus line that IMO were very good.

If you have the floor space Polk sells refurbished speakers on ebay. The RTI8 towers play down to 40hz according to Polk. I've never heard them.

Since you aren't opposed to buying used post your general location and maybe someone will spot a great deal. You never know whats going to be on Craig's List.
I've owned a pair of RTi8's--if you have the floor space for them, I highly doubt you could do better for $300. They are easy to drive, dynamic and clean sounding.

·
Registered
25,057 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts