AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Looking to upgrade to bookshelf speakers from satellite speakers. Have a $300 budget for the LCR. My receiver is a Onkyo TX-SR507. My rear speakers are decent but want to focus on the fronts first.

Speakers are for movies, not much for music playing (have nice headphones.)

Unfortunately my TV and speakers will be placed at corner of room. So all viewing and listening will be offset (no way to work around this for now.)

Current speakers are Bosecrap (they were free.) Before that I had the Mirage Unitheater that was stolen =(.

I looked at the Polk Audio Blackstone TL2 and Cambridge s20. Im open to any suggestion.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
+1 to the previous two threads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ascend and arx review as some nice speakers. Unfortunately, I need a left, center and right. That's great that I can bump up to the s30. can anyone recommend any others? I know I'm not giving to much of a budget, don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. ..

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Reactions: Dom Di Stroia

·
Registered
876 Posts
Heard the Dynaudio confidence siganture bookshelves and they sounded damn nice. Very very good with vocals and enough soundstage.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Some good suggestions, however the OP wants THREE speakers for 300 dollars! You can probably get the Andrew Jones Pioneer bookshelf and center for 300 dollars. You could just buy three identical bookshelves for the best possible front stage...however, many manufactures, I think including the above mentioned Hvl, only sell the speakers in pairs. So you would have to buy 2 pair and have one extra speaker.

·
Registered
684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk  /t/1492698/bookshelf-speakers-300-budget#post_23789943

Some good suggestions, however the OP wants THREE speakers for 300 dollars! You can probably get the Andrew Jones Pioneer bookshelf and center for 300 dollars. You could just buy three identical bookshelves for the best possible front stage...however, many manufactures, I think including the above mentioned Hvl, only sell the speakers in pairs. So you would have to buy 2 pair and have one extra speaker.

The HVL can be purchased in single, pair, three, five, or seven. Click on the quantity and you get a drop-down menu. Three for $335.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1492698/bookshelf-speakers-300-budget#post_23789173

+1

I agree. The Cambridge S30s or the Wave Crest

+2

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I stand corrected!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for the advice! I will deff. be researching the brands you guys mentioned... Is there a reason no one mentions polk, klipsch or the such? Do they not hold the same value anymore?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mllerena  /t/1492698/bookshelf-speakers-300-budget#post_23796752

Thank you everyone for the advice! I will deff. be researching the brands you guys mentioned... Is there a reason no one mentions polk, klipsch or the such? Do they not hold the same value anymore?

For any given price range, there's always some specific speaker make/models that stand out as the best value based on current pricing. For example, Polk Monitor IIs used to be a good value, but they've since been replaced with a minor update at a much more expensive price; hard to get the same deals any more.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mllerena  /t/1492698/bookshelf-speakers-300-budget#post_23796752

I'm not familiar with any of the Klipsch products in that price range. I am a huge fan of their larger speakers though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1492698/bookshelf-speakers-300-budget#post_23784309

If you want all 3 speakers for $300 - then look at the Cambridge S30 and S50
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/CAMBS30OAK/CAMBRIDGE-AUDIO-S30-4-2-way-Bookshelf-Speakers-Pair-Dark-Oak/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/CAMBS50OAK/CAMBRIDGE-AUDIO-S50-4-3-Way-Center-Channel-Speaker-Dark-Oak/1.html

However, still look at Ascend and ARX

Wow! This website seems to have some great prices compared to the rest...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts