AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a small living room (13'x17') and want to upgrade my Dynaudio audience 70 tower speakers. Although the Dynaudios sound good they do at times get a little "boomy" and a bit overwhelming to the ears when my wife and I are listening to our favorite tunes. The other big thing is again they are tower speakers and they do take up a bit of space in the room. So...bookshelf speakers maybe a better fit for our living room which is why I need your expertise on the many speaker systems that are out there. I'm just starting to look and hopefully will be able to start to audition various systems in the next few weeks. I have heard good things about the Dynaudio 52se and Focus 140 speakers as well as the B&W 805's. Need your advice on these choices (good or bad) as well as any other speaker systems you feel I should listen to. Thanks for your time, Ken.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I heard the Contour 1.4 against the 805S. i did not care for the 1.4 at all---in fact the entire "newish" contour line isn't that great to me. much preferred the older stuff. historically, i have not liked B&Ws at all, so go figure. the 805 seems remarkably better than when i heard it years ago---not fatiguing/bright

to reduce "boom" you may want to bring the speakers further out in the room if possible. with a stand, i don't think you are losing much real estate by switching to a monitor as the Audience 70s aren't really huge by floorstander measures

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.