AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here so take it easy. Been doing a lot of reading and haven't come to a decision yet for side surrounds/rears for my setup. Many products out there and it gets a bit overwhelming I have a VTF2MK3 sub so i believe i dont need them to handle the lower frequencies. Yes i am on a bit of a budget. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
680 Posts
HTD.com also offers some bookshelfs that are very good for their price. I'm also on a budget and I'm trying to decide between av123 x-series and HTD level 2's.

If you really don't care about bass response that much, HTD also has a speaker called the middy that I've heard sounds very good, but it only goes down to 100hz. They're only $75 each though

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon72 /forum/post/0

HTD.com also offers some bookshelfs that are very good for their price. I'm also on a budget and I'm trying to decide between av123 x-series and HTD level 2's.

If you really don't care about bass response that much, HTD also has a speaker called the middy that I've heard sounds very good, but it only goes down to 100hz. They're only $75 each though

I have heard the X-LS, and currently have some Middies and Level 3 bookshelves. Given the choice between Level 2's and the X-LS, I would go X-LS.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1974 /forum/post/0

Any comment on the Middies? Will the bass extention blend in well with a sub?

If you are just concerned about vocals, I think the Middies will work. If you are concerned about a broader spectrum, I would suggest a look elsewhere.

But to be fair, I have not heard many $150/pr speakers...so I don't know how they compare to others at this price point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.