Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
 Salk WOW1 , and yes, those are mine in the picture. Jim built them to fit my needs and they have become a decent product for him.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I have Salk speakers, SCSTs. Jim builds amazing speakers. Recognize the WoW are fairly low senstivity. If you want more senstitivity I'd go with Ascend-2. But anything Jim builds is awesome. Of course you could blow the bank and get Jim's Silks...

I almost forgot. A very important consideration is placement. If these will be placed against a wall, I'd go with Wow, it's front ported. The Ascend is not. If you have some flexibility the Ascend 2 would be tempting with the RAAL ribbon tweeter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thank you and rick240 for your responses.  It has been awhile since I shopped for audiophile quality sound components.  Since getting married it has been all home theater, surround sound and bland in-ceiling sound.  Now I wish to rediscover my sweetspot.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Monitor Audio Silver RX-2 speakers are excellent bookshelf monitor speakers.

They have an 8-inch driver, which gives them exceptional bass extension for a bookshelf speakers. They are under $1000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts