AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas regarding an upgrade of my system. I have Martin Logan's. Motion 4's as fronts, 6 as the center and 2's in the back. I'm not unsatified ,but want to move up. I want to stay with bookshelves. I would like more clarity from a center and a larger sound stage from my fronts. Looking in $500.00-$1,000.0ea for the fronts and up to $600.00 or so for the center.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ascend Sierra 2 and SVS Ultra series. May need some more input on your room size, listening habits (HT/Music ratio) and subwoofer integration. Lots of good reviews on the Sierra and I have listened to the Ultra bookshelf, it is excellent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ascend Sierra 2 and SVS Ultra series. May need some more input on your room size, listening habits (HT/Music ratio) and subwoofer integration. Lots of good reviews on the Sierra and I have listened to the Ultra bookshelf, it is excellent.
It's a smaller condo, though I will be moving soon. The system will be in an average size living room.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take a look at the new Studio Monitor speakers from Definitive Technology. The SM65, SM55, and SM45 from largest to smallest. I bought the middle size ones, the SM55 and they are fantastic. I would not hesitate to buy the largest SM65 for mains and center channel and use the 55's for surrounds. I have my SM55's in the surround position and they are beautiful looking and more important sounding speakers. After break-in of 30 to 60 hours they really open up to sound beautiful. Clarity and detail really stand out. I am really impressed by them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Get a pair of Motion 40s and move the 4s to surround. Get a motion 8 center or, if you have the room, a Motion LX16 for center.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
At $1500 a pair, the Ascend Sierra-2 would be my recommendation, with the matching center. Very high quality drivers and cabinet, and superb sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts