AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone give me some ideas regarding bookshelf surround sound speakers. I have a large entertainment center where I want to put a center and front speakers...but they need to be 10" high or less. I also want to put inwall surrounds on the back columns in an open family room. I have been looking at Mirage and Boston Acoustics...I don't think Martin Logan and Sonus faber have speakers that small...maybe I am wrong. I want to make a short list before I go start listening to them at HiFiBuys. Thanks. Oh, one last thing...are there any surround sound speakers that are wireless that are worth anything. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
no wireless, you really need to match the frounts to some extent. for example if the fronts have hard tweeters you really need sourounds with hard tweeters. I know they say sourounds dont' need to match but they do somewhat and once I had a totally matched system it sounded much better.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There are many speakers that fit your criteria. Paradigm, Onix, Axiom, PSB and many others make small bookshelf speakers. I know Paradigm also makes in walls that could server as surrounds.

I don't think you will find any acceptable wireless options right now. Maybe in the not so distant future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.