AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to spend $500 to $700 at the local store for some Totems or PSB's but as a carpenter with cabinet making experience I was wondering what I could make for that price. I have made a speaker before when I copied a Paradigm that it's partner had been destroyed in a fire. If I do say so myself it worked out very well and I think it's probably harder to make an exact copy than to start with a fresh sheet of MDF

If anyone could help with any suggestions for a kit in the $400 to 500 range (I Am Canadian) for a bookshelf approximately 12'' to 20" high X 8" to 10" W X 8"to 10" D. I don't need a cabinet but reasonable plans with dimensions would help. I hate soldering, so plug and play would be helpful.

Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
There are a number of designs in the Mission Accomplished section at HTG as well as at PE . There DrK's MTM or Encore might be to your tastes and budget. I haven't looked at prices because I'm not interested in building them myself. Just suggestions, s'all.

To avoid soldering, you could use screw terminal blocks such as the attached pic. I'd still rather it were soldered, especially if the xover is going to live inside the enclosure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts