AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought a Harman/Kardon HKTS-18 home theater system. I've set it up in my family room, and have listened to a little bit of music. (I bought it for music, not movies.) However, with not even that much bass in the songs, things in my house are falling off the walls. Things are flying off shelves, candles are falling out of the holders on walls... it's terrible. The sad part is I haven't even jammed out yet! It was just a moderate, casual listening level. I hope people have ran into this problem before, and have found a way to correct it. Is there some kind of rubber stand I can buy for the sub or something? I know I was introduced to Harman/Kardon when I bought my Range Rover, so I have fallen in love with their sound, and since I loved it so much, I wanted to buy a system for my house, except I have a problem like this! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,043 Posts
an Auralex Subdude will help to isolate the sub from the floor, thus reducing vibrations.

it could also just be turned to loud like the last poster said. do you have an spl meter?

· Registered
643 Posts
I call shenanigans.

I have two subs, an Epik Dragon, and an MFW 15 in a 2200 cu foot room, and I have never gotten anything to budge, driving these two until they complain a tad...Nothing has ever moved more then a picture tilting slightly...

· Registered
2,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelviscerator /forum/post/16847137

I call shenanigans.

I have two subs, an Epik Dragon, and an MFW 15 in a 2200 cu foot room, and I have never gotten anything to budge, driving these two until they complain a tad...Nothing has ever moved more then a picture tilting slightly...

or he has an old house that's about ready to fall down.

· Registered
1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/16847131

an auralex subdude will help to isolate the sub from the floor, thus reducing vibrations.

It could also just be turned to loud like the last poster said. Do you have an spl meter?

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelviscerator /forum/post/16847137

i call shenanigans.

I have two subs, an epik dragon, and an mfw 15 in a 2200 cu foot room, and i have never gotten anything to budge, driving these two until they complain a tad...nothing has ever moved more then a picture tilting slightly...

+2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.