Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a Samsung SIR-TS360 from ebay. I don't have dish yet. After hook it up to cable and CRT projector, power on and it shows boot fail in the display window. Owner's menual does not have any information about it. Could someone give a hint what could go wrong. I am a first time HDTV

receiver user. Thank you very much for your help.

John

·
Registered
97 Posts
Jchen82,

Did you ever find the solution to your problem? Was it because the access card wasn't in? Or not activated?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I believe you get a "boot fail" when there's no dish attached. However, after the "boot fail" you can select OTA and it will function as a OTA receiver.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Or, during initial boot up (press reset button next to card) choose manual setup and choose "no dish"

I haven't hooked up an antenna yet, but I run my DVD player through component input.

Marshall

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for late reply. "boot fail" comes from no dish connected as composr stated. I just choose "no dish" installation and use its 1080i resolution for my CRT projector.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a Samsung SIR-TS360 from ebay. I don't have dish yet. After hook it up to cable and CRT projector, power on and it shows boot fail in the display window. Owner's menual does not have any information about it. Could someone give a hint what could go wrong. I am a first time HDTV

receiver user. Thank you very much for your help.

John

OK just wait until night and you see next day he was update, I have same problem he fail for 3 times, but next day I check and was updated.

matheu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.