AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

I won't hold my breath until there's a proper announcement, retailer listings aren't the most reliable, but I was surprised that Borat wasn't one of the titles announced at CES

Had the DVD been announced by then? They wouldn't announce a BD of a title playing in theaters before the DVD is announced.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I was just having a discussion with my children this morning after they put on Nacho Libre again for the 8th time so far. I asked : "Why do you watch this movie?". Answer : "It's funny". "It's stupid". "It's stupid and funny".

Question : "Is there a more stupid movie than Nacho Libre?" Silence. And then the youngest one said : "Borat".

·
Registered
27,601 Posts
With all these new Blu Ray titles, it's anilation time for HD DVD!!!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 /forum/post/0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMMTAK/

Day and Date with the DVD. Listed for only $20 too. Its a Fox title, so it should be about $27 - I wonder if it was a misprint or if they are going to sell this title for cheaper?

DVD is shown at $15.99, so it appears there is special pricing.

Gary

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/0

With all these new Blu Ray titles, it's anilation time for HD DVD!!!

And my bank account balance.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/0

Had the DVD been announced by then? They wouldn't announce a BD of a title playing in theaters before the DVD is announced.

They announced the DVD date last week. I believe they announced a few BD's that haven't even been in theatres yet at CES

·
Banned
134 Posts
I havent seen this movie .... how is it

I checked on the rotten tomatoes website and it was rated 91% ... I think thats the highest rating ive seen on that site.

Must be pretty funny, eh? Ne1 know what the aspect ratio will be?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRC /forum/post/0

I havent seen this movie .... how is it

I checked on the rotten tomatoes website and it was rated 91% ... I think thats the highest rating ive seen on that site.

Must be pretty funny, eh? Ne1 know what the aspect ratio will be?

It is an absolutely hilarious film, for anyone who has seen Da Ali G Show from the UK, or more recently in the US, some of the stuff has been re-used but even so it is bloody brilliant.

The DVD is rated at 235:100, so I wouldn't expect anything less on the BD.

I was wondering what the sound would be like, when I saw this in the theatre it sounded awful, and it isn't because of the theatre; because that has an excellent sound system (The Odeon in Leicester Square, London).

·
Registered
19,283 Posts
Wasn't Borat a fairly low budget film? I mean Khazakstan doesn't have a lot of money afterall, and we know they used slave-labor (chained up Gypsies) in some back room to develop the prints.

How good could it look on BD?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.