AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Package is looking fantastic! Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and a ton of DLC. Also supports 4 players on a single screen!

But I was wondering if the new Claptastic Voyage DLC will be included in this package.

Amazon's preorder includes the original Borderlands: Game of the Year edition for the PC.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I read somewhere (can't remember) that the season pass is included for The Pre-Sequel, so you technically get all the content. I remember reading that they are targeting 60fps for single player/online coop while dropping down to 30fps if doing splitscreen. Makes sense. If the 60fps is confirmed for online coop, then I'd consider going through it again. Haven't played The Pre-Sequel.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
I finished Far Cry 4 over the weekend in anticipation of this collection - picking up my pre-order from Best Buy around lunchtime tomorrow (Tuesday). Looking forward to heading back to Pandora on console @ 1080p/60, and especially it's moon to finally finish the Pre-Sequel.

Anyone else excited?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'll get this, looking forward to playing thru #2 again in higher res and only played a little or Pre-Sequel so that will feel fresh to me. Still wish they had included Borderlands1 though but oh well.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never really really played the Borderlands series.

I got Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition when it was cheap on the 360. But most people had moved on or were super ranked so I was getting slaughtered constantly when I played it.

Should I start with the Pre-Sequel first? or just start BL2 first? I'm going to seriously start my own campaign rather than just jump in like last time. My friends were giving me weapons left and right but I couldn't use them because I didn't rank up enough to use them.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I never really really played the Borderlands series.

I got Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition when it was cheap on the 360. But most people had moved on or were super ranked so I was getting slaughtered constantly when I played it.

Should I start with the Pre-Sequel first? or just start BL2 first? I'm going to seriously start my own campaign rather than just jump in like last time. My friends were giving me weapons left and right but I couldn't use them because I didn't rank up enough to use them.
Tough call. IMO BL2 is the better of them. I think the "Pre-sequel" just builds on the story of Handsome Jack. I wasn't too crazy about the moon level which is why I never finished the "Pre-Sequel" (but will play thru it now).

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Should I start with the Pre-Sequel first? or just start BL2 first?
It's a good question - with all the DLC, there's so much to do in BL2 you might never get to the Pre-Sequel. I've played about 5 to 10 hours of the Pre-Sequel, and it's very good - but I don't think the location is as awesome as Pandora in BL2. As for the plot, without giving too much away, the Pre-Sequel is "the other side of the coin" setup for BL2, which might resonate better if you know how things are going to eventually turn out. That's probably true with most prequels, right?

I would say play through the story of BL2, then Pre-Sequel, then the BL2 DLC. But don't miss the DLC - I especially like Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

I know people dig the BL games for co-op, but I just love running around solo, shootin' & l00tin'! :D

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the only thing I worry about is BL2 is a major time sink. I usually avoid time sink games. I play Warframe because it's free, but that has consumed a large chunk of my gaming time.

I have a huge backlog of games now and I blame Warframe for that. :p

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's a good question - with all the DLC, there's so much to do in BL2 you might never get to the Pre-Sequel.

I know people dig the BL games for co-op, but I just love running around solo, shootin' & l00tin'! :D
haha, same here. Afraid if I start with BL2 then I'll never get back to Pre-Sequel (again). And make no mistake, this will be a HUGE time sink. But a damn fun one too.

And I'm the same way, I don't mind coop but prefer solo play, leaves the loot all to myself :D

Reactions: DaverJ

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm confused. The loot isn't available for everyone to pick up? If one person picks it up, it's gone?
Now that you mention it, I do believe that all members of the coop get a chance to collect all the same loot. Not 100% sure tho. Haven't done coop in BL2 since Fall 2012 (and played tons of games since then) so memory is a little foggy.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Glad to see the reviews are positive. Not that we expected the game could get worse by improving it for this new generation haha. I do like that it's 1080P/(mostly)60fps on Xbox One. I was going to wait for a price drop but I'm very tempted to grab it today (thanks to Best Buy Gamers Club discount). But I'm also getting Bloodborne today, so not sure how much Borderlands will get played lol.

EDIT - Update - I'm caving and will be headed to Best Buy tonight to get this. Can't stop myself.

Reactions: tampabuc and DaverJ

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
I picked it up from Best Buy today - with Gamer's Club Unlocked and a $5 certificate, I got a decent price. That said, it will probably be $40 by the end of the year, and I would bet will be on sale in the next month or so.

About to fire it up in the next hour. Let us know what you think BDUB619, I'll do the same.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Played through some original BL2 tonight because the Pre-Sequal was still loading and wanted to dive in. Started with Gaige the Mechromancer because I haven't played as her yet. She seems to be patterned after Tiny Tina. Got to Sanctuary before stopping for the night - around level 8 I think?

Not much has changed - pretty much plays like the PC version. Disappointing framerate drops at times: nothing too severe, but noticeable. Also, it's not two-games-in-one: it's two separate, individual games.

Had a good time with it, but played it so much in the past that it wasn't as exciting as I hoped. I wish I was experiencing it for the first time, and I'm jealous of those who are about to dive in for the first time.

Overall, a must-play for those that aren't burned out by Borderlands, and like shooters and humor. For those that are very familiar with the previous console versions, it's a better looking, smoother experience. Those familiar with the PC version, it's exactly as you remember.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these day one patches are ridiculous this generation. the BL collection is around 50 GB. understandable (somewhat). but then there's a 16 GB download?

I think of all the AAA titles now, day one patches total a bare minimum 10 GB. Even little games have 1-3 GB day one patches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's getting really ridiculous is how many of the games dropping on this generation of consoles are literal re-releases of games that came out not that long ago on last-gen consoles. There are some games that would be awesome to have re-envisioned on new consoles but come on, we're getting junk like this and Sleeping Dogs while Fallout 3 and Oblivion are way past due for some next-gen justice.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you guys transferred your 360 saves/characters to the One? Is the process clean and easy? I boxed up my 360 systems. Now I have to dig one out apparently...

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Have you guys transferred your 360 saves/characters to the One? Is the process clean and easy? I boxed up my 360 systems. Now I have to dig one out apparently...
I thought about it, but decided I didn't even want to bother with my 360 character. I think it was Axton/Commando for the turret drop - love the nuke! :D I might dig the 360 out of storage this weekend to see how the transfer process works. But most of my time has been spent on the PC version, so I just started new.

This morning I watched a guy on Twitch play the PS4 version. He was playing Maya/Siren in the Christmas DLC, and was already leveled up to 65. :eek: The Siren's Phaselock ability makes her look like a great character to play as.

Good sign - when I woke up this morning, I really wanted to fire this game up again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts