AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Yes, this is a lame thread. Nothing very exciting about a $50 pair of speakers. However, my brother is looking to upgrade from his current Onkyo In-A-Box surrounds and I'm trying to help. We've upgraded everything but the surrounds, so now we're looking to complete his setup with some basic surrounds.

Current setup:
Pioneer VSX-1120 receiver
Polk RT800i towers
Polk CS400i center channel.
Onkyo Front Speakers seen here (being used as surrounds): http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S340...F8&qid=1427156303&sr=1-1&keywords=onkyo+s3400

So he is hoping to stay around $50 for something. I was thinking either the Polk T15 (on sale for $60 at Best Buy), Dayton B652s or Dayton B652 Airs. Any thoughts on what would be best? Want to order it tonight so I appreciate your response!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Look at the insignia brand book shelfs. I have some in surround duty and they are actually dang good speakers.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can talk him up slightly, so $69 would probably be fine if it's a big step up from those daytons.

@zieglj01 Both links are the same though?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link. Looks like a decent option. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Let us know which option you pick and how u like em, had the insignia's for my fronts before upgrading to polk fronts, the insignia's worked awesome, i was amazed at how well they handled them selves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts