AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I borrowed a friends Sony CX-10 tonight, we watched Ghostworld.

The projector has only 8 hours on the bulb, we were shooting about a 80" picture (bright picture) from across the room.

I projected on the wall of the living room. The picture seemed flat, do you think an actual projection screen would make a difference? Or is this an issue with contrast?

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have a vpl-cx10 and id say the best picture quality is thru the vga computer port. you can also tweak the settings alittle to make it look better. but yes the fact that it is a 250:1 contrast ratio projector has something to do with it. alittle tweaking goes along way though. --- jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a couple yards of "platinum Grey" satin fabric today at the local fabric store and pinned it to the wall for testing.... This projector looks tons better!

I have no misgivings about the quality of this projector, it is going to be my portable party projector, but I am impressed by the how much difference a grey piece if fabric can make.

Currently I am using the backside of the fabric (semi matte appearence), i think I am going to flip up a portion of it and see how it looks against the satin side exposed.

Currently I am looking at a few projectors:

Panasonic AE100

Infocus X1

Sony HS10

Infocus Screenplay 110

Going by what I have been reading it looks like the HS10 may be the way to go, a good combination of positive qualities and reasonable price, The the 110 is really calling my name, LIKE MAD!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.