AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found bose 141 bookshelf speakers on craigslist and i wanted to know if they would be any good for my surrounds. i know bose is very "over rated" according to some people, but these speakers will just be surrounds.

im only paying 40 dollars for them, so im not worried about getting ripped off. will they blend with what i have now?(2 polk psw10s, yamaha rx-v375, cerwin vega vs120) and im looking into getting stands for them. my room is about 10x15 and my mains are along the 10ft wall. also it says the 141s are rated at 10 watts... will i blow them up by giving them about 60-80?

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
also it says the 141s are rated at 10 watts... will i blow them up by giving them about 60-80?

The Bose specs say compatible with receivers rated 10-80 watts. You'll be fine.

You've got a strange collection of speakers. Cerwin Vegas, 2 Polk PSW-10's, now Bose 141. What's your center speaker?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really do have a strange collection. i dont have a center i also have paradigm 7se mkII but they are for my 2ch stereo for down stairs.(I'm in a bed room) but i dont think ill be getting the bose... ill just get the VE-5C and the VE5M. so ill have all cerwin vega. im still stumped on what new sub to get. i think I'm just going to get my room done with studio foam and get a new sub down the road

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.