AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony 100W surround sound receiver, and Bose 501 floor speakers for fronts. I have small polk audio M1 back surrounds. I hear too many negatives about the Bose Center Channel, and am considering a Klipsch C-2 or C-3 Center, but was curious if anyone had experience with a center speaker that blended well with the Bose 501's. I originally had a Polk CS-250 as my center, but it did not hold up well. It currently does not work. Sent it back to the factory the first week I owned it, and got it fixed once. I've had this setup for about 10 years, and don't want to spend over a $250 to replace the center channel. I noticed the Klipsch C-3 can be found for around $200, but did not kow if it would over power the fronts. I would appreciate recommendations. I don't listen to it a whole lot, but like nice sound when I do, and like to listen to music as well part of the time.

The only reason I bought the Bose 501's is because I found them on sale when a store was closing. Bought them before I bought the receiver and other speakers. I have a Mirage SubWoofer.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Welcome to the forum jman57,

You really want your front 3 speakers to match as perfectly as you can and then you can scrimp a little on surrounds. That being said, I don't know how well a Klipsch center will match your HT.

Given that you owned that system for 10 years and are accustomed to the sound, the Klipsch Center may work, but feel you would have to adjust the gain level down to get the spl the same as your other speakers.

Whatever you try, keep the box and packaging and have an understanding with the store that if it doesn't work out you can return it. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts