AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I have a Bose 802 speaker that was given to me in a (big) box of old audio gear. It was free and works fine but the other of the set is blown out so I just have the one. Now before you say no way I'm trying to work on a budget so i can get better tech then go back and re-do the speakers i have. My 4 surrounds are JBL control 25's. Sound great but would be nice to have a center speaker to go with it.

If i do go and use the bose 802 with my control 25's do you have any suggestion as to what would be a nice receiver to use with such a setup. I only have room for a 5.1 setup so that is what I would shoot for but a 7.1 receiver wouldn't be bad for future upgrades.

So any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is a really bad idea. You want your three mains matched (center, left, right) the rears is where you can mix it up if you need. Also 7.1 sounds nice but not that many people here use it. I would use a phantom center before the Bose. If you need a receiver for hdmi than that would be understandable but I would put that money towards your speakers because speakers last a while while receivers are outdated in a year or two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts