AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guy's

I hope I'm posting in the right place here.

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me out, I have just been given a bose acoustimas module, I thought it was a subwoofer but apparently not lol, Anyway all I have is the unit, nothing else and I was wondering if it would be possible to connect it to my 2 Klipsch Satellite speakers and if so what are the cables that I need and where can they be purchased in the UK.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can be. I'm a newbie to all this so please bare with me.   

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Probably not worth messing with. I think the module has amps for satellite speakers built in with weird crossovers to make the tiny cubes "work". You'd be better off buying a $100 sub from monoprice than messing with the Bose (rhymes with Hose).

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Not only is not worth messing with (hence got it for free for a reason) it has really high crossovers like mentioned above. The crossovers are really high because the Bose tiny speakers can't operate down low like a regular surround speaker. That's why it's not called a sub. It plays more like a mid since the satilites need crossing way higher than 80-120hz. They would distort or fry if fed 150hz or lower frequencies but that said your klipsch speakers may work with it although I would bet they would sound better without it. Bose IMO is more for commercial applications/business's since they are tiny and capable of nearly being out of sight.

Throw it away or donate it if you need a sub as it is far from an actual subwoofer. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Guys, I agree that I would not spend a dime buying any Bose systems but he is not talking about spending any money just finding away to hook up what he already has.

Furyboy Can you take pictures of the hook-ups of the Bose module and the Klipsch speakers? I will try to help.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziedog  /t/1522578/bose-acoustimas-module#post_24489637

Guys, I agree that I would not spend a dime buying any Bose systems but he is not talking about spending any money just finding away to hook up what he already has.

Furyboy Can you take pictures of the hook-ups of the Bose module and the Klipsch speakers? I will try to help.

Yea but it will cross his klipsch speakers really high like over 300hz most likely just by guessing so they will not perform as intended is all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts