AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Nope. Your best bet is to sell that junk and get a real sub and speakers. A lot of people the BOSE is great. You won't have any problem selling it for a good price.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
Sure you can. BUT...

1) You have to use the same speaker wires from the bass module to the Jamo's.

2) the results (anticipated) may be unsatisfactory due to the fact that Bose uses x-over's and EQ specific for the cubes.

Caveats:

You could try disconnecting the front left/right speaker wires at the receiver and run new/dedicated speaker wires to the Jamo's and just use the bass module for surround/center channels.

If the model speaker is not "full range" (20Hz - 20kHz), a real subwoofer would be suggested.

Either way(s), I agree that if you are not happy with the sound and want to upgrade, sell the entire Bose AM-6 system and get 5 speakers and a subwoofer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman
Sure you can. BUT...

1) You have to use the same speaker wires from the bass module to the Jamo's.

2) the results (anticipated) may be unsatisfactory due to the fact that Bose uses x-over's and EQ specific for the cubes.

Caveats:

You could try disconnecting the front left/right speaker wires at the receiver and run new/dedicated speaker wires to the Jamo's and just use the bass module for surround/center channels.

If the model speaker is not "full range" (20Hz - 20kHz), a real subwoofer would be suggested.

Either way(s), I agree that if you are not happy with the sound and want to upgrade, sell the entire Bose AM-6 system and get 5 speakers and a subwoofer.
Well the problem is that i live in a flat and i have neighbours all around me.Bose is already more then enough. All the people say to sell my bose system but i cant afford big speakers for a small room and in a flat.I can get in trouble with big speakers.Also whats the points of buying big speakers when i cant turn up the volume that high ?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Even at low volume, bigger speakers will better represent the entire freq range and sound much better.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay,so what speakers do you suggest ? i prefer 5.1 with a real subwoofer.Dont forget,im going to setup everything in my living room.Its not that big,its medium sized.And also , i live in malta.Not a very big nationality so finding what you suggest is difficult.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl
Okay,so what speakers do you suggest ? i prefer 5.1 with a real subwoofer.Dont forget,im going to setup everything in my living room.Its not that big,its medium sized.And also , i live in malta.Not a very big nationality so finding what you suggest is difficult.
What's your budget? Do you want to sell your Bose system to recoup some of the cost? If Jamo is available in Malta, then surely there are other brands as well and we may be able to help you.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
IMO... keep what you have until you decide to move or the system dies.

Don't "upgrade" just because "all the people say" to sell your Bose system.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Quote:

I agree. He has had this system for a couple of months now and after reading several of his threads feel he knows what his recommendations on that front are going to be....Otoh, Malta must be an extraordinary place to live and I'm sure I would be enjoying my Bose system if I lived there!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Yeah every one telling me to sell the bose.I only bought it from last january and im happy with it , well maybe my ears are not trained to hear what very good sound is,but my bose sounds very good for me especially when watching movies in DTS or Dolby.

For those who want to suggest speakers for me for the future , in malta i can find Jamo , Philips , Onkyo , Yamaha , Pioneer , Atlantic Technology Systems etc. I dont really want to spend more than 600-700 euros. Can i get a good 5.1 with around that ammount ?

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
The saying goes... "if it's not broken, don't fix it."

Enjoy what you have. Don't let everyone intimidate you.

Reactions: Ian N

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Hey, he said he wanted to upgrade his speakers and not his sub. Basically he can't so I gave him the suggestion to sell it and get a different system. What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
If he has the Acoutimas system...he currently does not have a subwoofer. We understand...he doesn't, or cannot, have his system very loud...but gaps in the freq range are going to be audible even at moderate volume.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl /forum/post/20905482

Headphones and a buttshaker. A real subwoofer will get you evicted.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/20907611

Sell the Bose and get what you can for them now while they are new. Then buy some quality speakers and a dedicated sub. You don't need 5.1 right away and can build a speaker system.

Atlantic Technology would be my recommendation.

But the Atlantic Technology are very expensiver. More than 1,800 euros.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/20907510

Re-read post #3. There could be alternatives as opposed to "Nope".

Friends don't let friends buy BOSE!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it sounds better at lower volume .My problem is that when my bose is at low volume,i wont hear the dialogue volume from the centre speaker very good.But when an action come during a movie , its very high. So i always higher the volume to hear the dialogue and lower it again during an action.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.