AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am planning to buy Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers from Amazon

I have quite some points from Best Buy and plan to buy a Receiver from BB. I am getting following receivers from BB in my budget ($250) . Any advice which one will be compatible --

Yamaha RX-V377BL

Pioneer VSX-524-K

If I stretch I can get Yamaha RX-V477BL

Thanks

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Bose uses a nonstandard set up for their speaker systems where everything goes to the bass module and then to the speakers. But, any of those receivers will work with Bose.

You will probably get this suggestion many times, but why not get a better speaker system than Bose? Bose is VERY overpriced for the quality of sound you get. You can easily get better sound for far less money even if you are getting the older version of the Acoustimass 6.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much for the reply . I am pretty novice in this . Can you suggest some other system. My budget is up to $600 for the entire set.

In the Home Theater in a box sets -- I am seeing an Onkyo set -- HT-S3500

Sony BDVE3100

Yamaha -- YHT-4910UB, YHT-599UBL, YHT-399UBL

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Thanks much for the reply . I am pretty novice in this . Can you suggest some other system. My budget is up to $600 for the entire set.

In the Home Theater in a box sets -- I am seeing an Onkyo set -- HT-S3500

Sony BDVE3100

Yamaha -- YHT-4910UB, YHT-599UBL, YHT-399UBL
Even worse. You should avoid systems with proprietary connections. Choose one of the receivers you mentioned, find a pair of inexpensive bookshelf speakers and add a modest subwoofer. Forego the additional channels for now and add them later when you can afford them. It is an approach that will provide better sound overall. It is all about speakers and room acoustics.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
"I am planning to buy Bose Acoustimass 6"

Please don't. A system like Energy Take 5.1 will probably be similar in price, but blow the Bose out of the water for sound, build quality, plus they're standard components. So if you just want to replace the sub, you can. If you want to replace the front three, you can. If you want to replace the 5.0 but keep the sub, you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts