AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I realise there are similar threads on this forum however they do not relate to the question I have.

Can anybody tell me if the Acoustimass Module in the Lifestyle 48 Series IV is the same Acoustimass Module that is in the Lifestyle 28 Series III?

I am assuming that surely they have to be very similar, if not the same but some reassurance would be great!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would, but it's 10:20 over here in Australia and they're not open......

Would you like to do it for me?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison69 /forum/post/14188587

Hello,

I realise there are similar threads on this forum however they do not relate to the question I have.

Can anybody tell me if the Acoustimass Module in the Lifestyle 48 Series IV is the same Acoustimass Module that is in the Lifestyle 28 Series III?

I am assuming that surely they have to be very similar, if not the same but some reassurance would be great!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

prolly the same for bass, but the "jewl" cubes are smaller on the 48.. so they probably have different xover settings... which is done via the acoustimass to ensure below 200Hz doest go "missing" as the cubes can't really play that low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic, thanks for your response Kyle.

Do you know if these crossover settings can be changed?

Cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison69 /forum/post/14189031

Fantastic, thanks for your response Kyle.

Do you know if these crossover settings can be changed?

Cheers

They are not user adjustable. If they can be changed at all (unlikely), it would require opening up the module, and, as far as I know, it is glued together. It's POSSIBLE the amp pulls off and is held in place by screws and maybe some glue or sealant putty (that's how it's done on higher quality, real, powered subs), which would allow access to the electronics.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I read somewhere that measurements taken of these BOSE things - the 'bass module' does not go below 40 hz, and can't play over 200 hz. The 'satellites' are 250 hz to about 10khz at a +/- 10.5 db rating (who measures their speakers at +/- 10.5 dbs???).

Just so you know. Enjoy

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt_Krunch /forum/post/14195921

I read somewhere that measurements taken of these BOSE things - the 'bass module' does not go below 40 hz, and can't play over 200 hz. The 'satellites' are 250 hz to about 10khz at a +/- 10.5 db rating (who measures their speakers at +/- 10.5 dbs???).

Just so you know. Enjoy

If they don't measure it that way, the response would of been like 100Hz-2KHz, and you won't see the steep roll offs and huge peaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts