AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Sorry for not knowing this, but does the Acoustimass base module connect to the receiver the same way a sub would?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Your problem might be that the acoustimass sub unit really isn't a sub. It contains 5.5 inch woofers that can't reach into the sub sound category. The audyssey may be reporting an error because not enough sub frequency information is present to calibrate.

See this link about Bose measurements and more. I don't post it to be negative, but to give you more info as to why you might be having the problem.

Mike

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would guess that it's due to the Bose sub module playing much higher in frequency than a normal sub. It has to play well above traditional crossover points to accomodate for the satellite's lack of mid-bass output. The Audyssey program probably think's it's a "full range" speaker accidentally connected to the sub channel. I have seen this happen before with auto cal. set ups when a DIY sub with no high pass filter is used, the software thinks it's a main speaker.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaMike /forum/post/15428740

Your problem might be that the acoustimass sub unit really isn't a sub. It contains 5.5 inch woofers that can't reach into the sub sound category. The audyssey may be reporting an error because not enough sub frequency information is present to calibrate.

See this link about Bose measurements and more. I don't post it to be negative, but to give you more info as to why you might be having the problem.

Mike

That's a great write-up. I've referred several people to it who were having problems with their Blose systems.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. /forum/post/15428938

I would guess that it's due to the Bose sub module playing much higher in frequency than a normal sub. It has to play well above traditional crossover points to accomodate for the satellite's lack of mid-bass output. The Audyssey program probably think's it's a "full range" speaker accidentally connected to the sub channel. I have seen this happen before with auto cal. set ups when a DIY sub with no high pass filter is used, the software thinks it's a main speaker.

Not possible. If you use the correct receiver output jack settings, the Bose bass module LFE input only uses the receivers LFE channel output which is filtered at around 80 to 120 Hz in the receiver. All the main channels must be set to large in the receiver, so there is no redirected bass.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe all the channels go thru the acoustimass module. It is not a dedicated subwoofer and bose advertises integral sound processing for this unit. This may be creating problems with the Audyssey set up.

I believe many if not all the bose products have this equalization built in. I would consider it to be similar to Audyssey dynamic Eq.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.