AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new receiver and have connected the front and rear speakers, but what do I do with the subwoofer module.? It doesn't appear to have an output line to go into the receiver. Thanks for the help, I am clueless

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Which Acoustimass module do you have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I remember from my old acoustimass, the cube speakers run out of the sub and the left & right speaker outs from your receiver run into the sub & the sub picks up the low frequencies from the left & right outs from the receiver

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that means that the subwoofer sound piggybacks along with the speaker sound? There is no specific line from the module(subwoofer) to the receiver that connects to the "subwoofer" port. Is that right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since you appear to be an electronics guru I will ask you another question. I have a new Denon 7.1 and have connected a sony vcr/dvd dual recorder. It is connected with an hdmi. I have picture, but no sound. I have sound on tv and cd and blu-ray. Do I need red/white cables also? I swear the electronic gremlins live in my system.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrochallenge /forum/post/18196554

So that means that the subwoofer sound piggybacks along with the speaker sound? There is no specific line from the module(subwoofer) to the receiver that connects to the "subwoofer" port. Is that right.

Yes that is correct. I have a similar bose setup, with a separate JBL powered subwoofer. The bose bass module does not connect to the receivers subwoofer port.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrochallenge /forum/post/18196607

Since you appear to be an electronics guru I will ask you another question. I have a new Denon 7.1 and have connected a sony vcr/dvd dual recorder. It is connected with an hdmi. I have picture, but no sound. I have sound on tv and cd and blu-ray. Do I need red/white cables also? I swear the electronic gremlins live in my system.

The VCR/DVD probably doesn't output sound through HDMI. My inlaws have a VCR/DVD combo and I had to run fiber optic digital out from the DVD portion to the receiver and I also had to run red/white RCAs out from the VCR portion to the RCA VCR INPUT. Both will work over RCAs but then you wont get Digital sound from the DVD player.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just played a vcr, picture, no sound. Then I decided to copy the tape to dvd and see whether there was sound. Yes sound on the dvd. The big reveal... now there is sound playing from the vcr tape to the tv with only a hdmi cable. Could the machine have a quirk. After the dvd is used the vcr works. Like a reboot??????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts