AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, yes Bose sucks ill get that out of the way. The only reason I bought the 5.1 single cubes back in 2003 was because my wife liked the look. I was itching for a real home audio and jumped the gun. Ive been stuck with them ever since. Until November when I finally convinced her that we need to start upgrading. I have started off with some polk audio TSi 300s for the front and a CS10 for the center. All I did when I hooked them up was unplug the bose cubes and plug the speaker wire into the polks. The fronts and center polks are still running through the acoustimass module. Is this fine or should I wire the polks directly to the reciever (onkyo 705)? Am I loosing sound quality by having them run through the module? Thanks fellas, and yes ive learned my lesson

·
Registered
472 Posts
I can't see where that would be a good idea. Connect them directly to the receiver and get a sub. The mid woofer in the Polks will be miles better than the Acoustimass, though, if you don't get a sub now. Sell the Bose, buy a sub with the winnings, good to go.

BTW, I was in the same boat a few years back: WAF-> Bose-> see (hear) the light (both of us)-> Energy system with Velo sub. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts