AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to work at Best buy and I bought these speakers for a pretty good deal. After spending time with them for a year and a half I started to feel like something was missing. After all the hype and talk about Bose being so great I felt a little dissapointed. Now I'm hearing how Bose is overrated and how I could have done much better for my money.

I want to upgrade to a different 5.1 system but I have no idea where to start. I have a Yamaha reciever. I believe its the rxv463. I'm at work right now so I can't get the exact model number. Can anyone help me out? I want a system thats not so tough to hook up and nothing over 1 g. Can anyone suggest some good speakers that would blow the ones I currently have out of the water?

I would really appreciate the help because I don't want to end up wasting my money again. I heard energy was really good. Should I just go with those or does anyone else have some better suggestions. They don't need to be the best speakersin the world and the cheaper they are the better. I just want something that sounds better then my current setup. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
29,111 Posts
You didn't even wait a full hour to complain? And throwing that little dig in there is going to help either. Its Saturday in the summer, good weather outside, most people aren't at home sitting on their computers.

Also, you should post your question in the speakers forum if you've got a $1K budget. You'll definitely get better and quicker replies there.

Energy is a good start but there a plenty of other brands you may want to look into. And they'll all blow the AM-5's away!

You may also want to list what kind of speakers you're looking for...towers, bookshelf or satellites.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Sorry man I'm just having a really bad day at work. I feel like knocking my boss out right now. I'm not used to these message boards so the long wait is something new to me.

I want speakers I can stand on floor stands. Anything that would sound better then my current setup really. I would prefer to spend under 1k. Somewhere around 600 to 700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts