AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know I know these speakers are not the greatest, however the WAF is high so I bought these about 2 years ago, now my question is can I hook this directly up to my HK7000 without going through the Acoustic Module? I hate all the wires that came with the bose system and the bass unit sucks. I have a polk PSW650 that I would rather use.

Thanks for the help

Steve

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Doubt you can do it. I believe Bose has an equalizer in the "bass" module that tries to compensate for some of the severe defiencies of the cubes. If you connect the cubes directly to a power amp, the result will be some very terrible sound.

Best to chuck the thing and start over. There are some small, stylish speakers now out that sound much better.

Tom B.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have been told many times when speaking with various audio folk that you can not attach the sats directly to your AVR. Not only would you get very poor sound, but more likely, the speakers would blow-up (the technical term :)) because Bose also controls the impedance from the bass module.

Chad

·
Registered
113 Posts
stevemgib,

Ashamed to say that I have the AM-10 for my home theater sound. I have them connected with 14 gauge speaker wire directly to my Sony STE845 (100x5 watts) reciever, and it works just fine. I was awfully tired of the wire mess that came with the subwoofer. Granted, I cannot use the Bose subwoofer (passive) in this configuration, but the PDR-10 fills in rather nicely. I will say this as well. It is painfully obvious, after listening to many high end speakers on the market, that no matter what we try to do to our bose systems, they just won't sound as good as some other equally priced systems. Guess the old saying holds true in this case, "you can't polish a turd." Hope this helps some.

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.