AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a simple setup for my home theater. A simple 2.1 setup. I need a package with a good sub. defining good sub is when you can hear a decent explosion in a movie. Need something with RCA inputs. I have Bose Cinemate in mind. Are the bose speakers any good for this specific purpose? Anyone can give me a feedback on this?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
I need a package with a good sub... I have Bose Cinemate in mind.
Those two statements are diametrically opposed. Do a forum search, Bose has no redeeming qualities.

Reactions: Five28

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Do you have a reciever or Amp already?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
The subwoofer like speaker supplied with the Bose isn't a subwoofer. It's a midrange module.

" Are the bose speakers any good for this specific purpose?"

No. They are pretty much the worst speakers you can buy, perhaps just second with Beng and other white van man speakers.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and a 12" subwoofer. You can do that for less than the price of the Bose and have significantly better sound.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and a 12" subwoofer. You can do that for less than the price of the Bose and have significantly better sound.
I need a package system. Yes I already have a receiver. But I need a speaker with RCA inputs. unamplified jacks.

Any other recommendation other than Bose speakers? budget is $300. This is for a mid size bedroom.

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I need a package system. Yes I already have a receiver. But I need a speaker with RCA inputs. unamplified jacks.

Any other recommendation other than Bose speakers? budget is $300. This is for a mid size bedroom.

Thanks!
You're looking at active speakers then. Plenty of them exist, I know of M-Audio BX5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts