AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bose V20 a couple years ago and now I need multiple HDMI inputs. I would like to replace the Bose, however, I would still like to use the speakers and the sub. The HDMI devices I have include:
  • xbox
  • blueray
  • Uverse
  • AppleTV

I'm sure there is a couple devices I'm forgetting. Anyway, I know very little about Recievers/HTIB but I did some research and found the Bose only goes up to DTS (5.1). This and the fact even current Bose systems do not have adequate HDMI support and start at $2500 doesn't seem right.

I talked to the BesyBuy guy and he recommended the YamahaRX-V671BL. What would you guys recommend for a Bose replacement. I would like to get a second opinion from people more knowledgeable about audio than myself.

Thanks in advance.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
You'd be better off replacing the speakers first. That doesn't make the HDMI problem go away but it would improve the sound quality.

I'm not up on how that Boze system connects - if your speakers are connected directly from the sub you may not be able to use the sub.

I presume your budget is around $500? That Yamaho is a pretty good unit. Denon Onkyo and Pioneer also makes some good units around that price.

·
Registered
30,815 Posts
Actually, you are best off selling the entire Bose system as a package because it will get you the most in return and the Bose parts rarely play well with other-than-Bose components. Then, start over.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20878148

Actually, you are best off selling the entire Bose system as a package because it will get you the most in return and the Bose parts rarely play well with other-than-Bose components. Then, start over.

Would the Yahama RX-V671BL paired with the Mirage - MX 1300W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater Speaker System be a good choice?

·
Registered
30,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrogers3 /forum/post/20878450

Would the Yahama RX-V671BL paired with the Mirage - MX 1300W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater Speaker System be a good choice?

I suppose. They should work well together and each comes from a reliable manufacturer. I have no first-hand knowledge of either or of any other packaged home theater speaker system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.