AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the Bose Lifestyle system have not been updated in a long time. The issue I have with the current system is that lack of HDMI ports. I need at least 3 and the Bose only have 2 currently. My hope is that the new ones will have some more. Any news on when new Lifestyle systems are coming?

I'm looking at the Lifestyle 10 or 20. The ones without a DVD player.

Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would not hold my breath...I have been emailing them about updates and got this back a few days ago:

>>>>>

Bose continually introduces new products that meet the changing needs of our customers. We do not have detailed information about new products until just before their introduction.

All versions of the Lifestyle(R) systems support Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround-sound audio formats. You can create an excellent home theater by connecting video components to your TV, and connecting their audio outputs to the Lifestyle(R) systems.

Our Lifestyle(R) systems do not support new HD audio formats (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-MA Master Audio or multi-channel uncompressed PCM). These are new high-definition audio formats, and not yet widespread in the marketplace. They will be incorporated into future Bose products as they gain wider recognition and favorable reception.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.

Aric MacDonald

Customer Support Team

-----------------------------------------------------

Bose Corporation

US Telephone: (800) 444-2673, ext. EM1

International Tel: (508)766-1099, ext. EM-1

Fax: (800) 278-7970

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Im not a Bose basher and do defend their products on this forum, but as far as keeping up with current technology Bose is the worst of the worst.

They are always years behind what has become common place,, HDMI, componant inputs/outputs and even BluRay.

Years ago with my first gen 321 I would email Bose and ask when a 321 with progressive scan was coming out,, they would always send me some BS email saying how the 321 DVD player did not need to be pro scan as it looked just as good as pro scan.

Next was the component outputs,,, Bose was still sticking to S-video while every other company was doing component input/output.

Then during the HD DVD vs BluRay war I emailed Bose and asked what they were going to do,,, again I got another BS email saying that BluRay or HD DVD would not really catch on or become mainstream,,,, after BluRay won I emailed again and the NEW BS email was they were getting ready to bring out a 321 system with BluRay,,,, anyhow the list goes on.

As much as I do like some of Bose's products I no longer buy their products only because they are just so old school and dont keep up with the new'est technology.

When they finnaly did do HDMI with the V10, V20 and V30 they even screwed that up,,,,, 2 HDMI's,, really Bose,,, only 2 HDMI's ????

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
435 Posts
km23 you're best off spending nearly half of what you would on a BOSE (Buy Other Sound Equipment) and buying real audio equipment that does have all of the needs you are looking for.

You could get something as lowly as the Pioneer VSX-520 for around $200, and that has 3 HDMI in, and can also decode the newest HD audio formats.

http://www.amazon.com/product/dp/B0039XQKXQ

BOSE is more interested in making money and marketing crappy products than they are about innovation and giving you the products that you really want and are in with the times. Heck, no BOSE product is even certified by Dolby! That says something right there!

·
Registered
25 Posts
About 5-6 years ago we invested in a BOSE Lifestyle 38 and a BOSE Lifestyle 28. One for the entertainment room and one for the family room. We later bought a BOSE Wave Radio to run sound from our bedroom tv which had crappy audio.

About 3 yrs ago the U-Music feature took a dump on the 38 and coincidentally the warranty had expired. BOSE wanted a ridiculous price to fix it. Nice. The only feature for which we bought the 38 was useless. Thinking BOSE to be of such high quality (and loving those small jewel-cube speakers) I did not want to replace the 38. Investment $ factored into that since we paid about $3k for each of our Lifestyles and it was way too early to think about losing that much money.

Fast forward to 2010... the lack of HDMI and current audio format support were the final deal breakers. We replaced the BOSE Lifestyle 38 with an Onkyo 6200 HTIB that produces FAR better sound quality for about 1/5th the price (

1 - 6 of 6 Posts