AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have a question. Does anybody knows anything about the BOSE Model 21 loudspeaker and the BOSE Interaudio line ? Which is a better choice ?

Any answer is welcome

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For example both Model 21 and Interaudio 1000xl has 4-8 ohms and 10-60 watts, also the same measurements, the only difference what i know is that the Model 21 was made in USA and the Interaudio series in Ireland.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys!

I have a question. Does anybody knows anything about the BOSE Model 21 loudspeaker and the BOSE Interaudio line ? Which is a better choice ?
Neither - they are all voiced the same - and if possible, I would aim higher than Bose.

Then what about the JBL TLX series? Please share any from your experiences with JBL. I'm interested a low-price-category pair of speakers which is pretty good in his category.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like to do "review searches" for speakers. you can also search in these threads to see if any one has already talked about these speakers. I know nothing of the TLX series, but her is a quote I found while searching the net.
( Like Thoots I had the little M5's and for what they cost they were a great Bargain but what the hell was JBL thinking with the TLX series ???? I had the 121. Over priced Crap !)
for the money I think you can find a much better speaker from searching the AVS site. Happy reading. :)

·
Registered
19,833 Posts
Then what about the JBL TLX series? Please share any from your experiences with JBL. I'm interested a low-price-category pair of speakers which is pretty good in his category.
JBL TLX will be a little better, and depends on which model.

As stated, your budget will allow us to help you some.

·
Registered
29,118 Posts
Are you looking at speakers made in the 80's? That when I remember the Bose Interaudio line, unless they reintroduced the name.

The JBL TLX speakers are pretty old too, from the 90's I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like to do "review searches" for speakers. you can also search in these threads to see if any one has already talked about these speakers. I know nothing of the TLX series, but her is a quote I found while searching the net.
( Like Thoots I had the little M5's and for what they cost they were a great Bargain but what the hell was JBL thinking with the TLX series ???? I had the 121. Over priced Crap !)
for the money I think you can find a much better speaker from searching the AVS site. Happy reading.
I did reas all the review threads about this two series on the internet, i found also this quote about the TLX, that's wh i'm asking here :).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Soo, my budget is around 100 euros, i'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers, which has a minim. 70 watts and with 8 ohms. I'm looking for a better sound quality, i heard one a BOSE 301 series III pair o speakers, and i pretty loved the sound, but those speakers are below my budget, that's why i was looking for the other ones.

About JBLs. I was looking for the LX 300, I did read some good reviews about, but it has 4 ohms, which is not good with my amp. I saw some TLX series speakers in this budget.

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
You're going to get a lot of US-based recommendations here for the most part, especially when you don't indicate your location up front. You're somewhere in Europe but where?

I only see used JBL TLX stuff when I did a brief search. If you liked the 301s and they saved you money they might be a very good option for you; used speakers can save you quite a bit of money. Speakers in good shape will perform just as well as new ones.

·
Registered
19,833 Posts
The JBL LX300 will be a nice speaker and better than what you are looking at.

Just make sure that they are in good condition - check the woofer surrounds.

They are no harder to drive, than the Bose speakers.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're going to get a lot of US-based recommendations here for the most part, especially when you don't indicate your location up front. You're somewhere in Europe but where?

I only see used JBL TLX stuff when I did a brief search. If you liked the 301s and they saved you money they might be a very good option for you; used speakers can save you quite a bit of money. Speakers in good shape will perform just as well as new ones.
Sorry, I'm a new member here, I just joined and I just filled the information lines. Yes, I study music in Switzerland. Sure, I'm looking for some used speakers, specially from late '80 and '90.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The JBL LX300 will be a nice speaker and better than what you are looking at.

Just make sure that they are in good condition - check the woofer surrounds.

They are no harder to drive, than the Bose speakers.

That's what I wanted to buy also, but I can't use it, because it has just 4 ohms. I have a Sansui stereo preamplifier/poweramplifier (C-77) which is comaptible with speakers 8-16 ohms. That's why i was asking about the TLX series, because there i found more 8 ohms.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts