AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface: I know the pluses and significant minuses of bose

I just bought a beautiful new micro house that is a mere 550 square feet. The deck and living room are essentially connected along with the kitchen. The livingroom itself is maybe 73 inches wide and 10 feet long.

This is a very small space and I am installling a tv on the wall and want to pick out a nice set of speakers to go with it. There is no room for any extra furniture other than a sofa so the speakers must be small and wall mounted.

For a space truly this tiny, I'm thinking it might be forgivable to get a set of Bose speakers. The only other brand that I think would do might be monitor audio, however i can't find a dealer for them in the San Francisco area. I've assumed orb is roughly the same quality of sound as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for tiny speakers I could wall mount that would be superior to the simple 799$ bose set?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
These sound pretty good - better than Bose, and are interesting aesthetically: http://www.scandyna-speakers.com/

For more traditional there is Monitor Audio's Radius set available by phone order here: http://www.saturdayaudio.com/picture...s_closeout.htm

Scandya, Orb, and Gallo would all be quite interesting to me in a very small space where they sort of double as art. era d3 would be interesting too.

Good luck!

P.S. Got any pictures of the pad -- those things are cool!

Ron

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelphadreous /forum/post/19571994

Have you thought about some nice flat panel hanging wall speakers?

I have heard nice things about Magnepan.

Even if you "hang" the Maggies on the wall, they need to be tilted away for use. Ideally, they should be off the wall.

·
Registered
19,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamifury /forum/post/19570949

For a space truly this tiny, I'm thinking it might be forgivable to get a set of Bose speakers.

Skip the Bose - you have good suggestions here. The reviews on

Orb are good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts