AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am about to purchase a set of bose redline dule cube speakers and a bose vsc 10 centre speaker and was wondering if you have any advice on how they will work with the yamaha rxv 675 amp hope I haven't done the wrong thing any input is much appreciated.
Cheers Dave Ireland

·
Registered
18,409 Posts
The Yamaha is fine. The Bose are garbage regardless of what receiver you use them with.

Start your speaker search over. Lots of far better speakers available for the same or less money.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to AVS!

What are you trying to do? If you are in Ireland and can handle a larger speaker, maybe look at Warfdales or in that range. We could help you better if you give dimensions of your room, what level you plan on listening, total budget, size of speakers and other various things.

The Bose do one thing well, they are very small. If you can deal with anything larger--go in that direction as it would fit the guidance of how HT systems should be designed.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
People still buy Bose cubes?

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
If you have to have that form factor, go with Cambridge Minx, a much better speaker. That said, you will have to pair them with a subwoofer that can get to 150Hz. Usually, that means an 8 or 10 inch subwoofer.

Otherwise, go with larger speakers. The Wharfedale suggestion is a good one, and the 220 may be going on sale shortly (the 225 was just introduced).

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
The Yamaha is fine. The Bose are garbage regardless of what receiver you use them with.

Start your speaker search over. Lots of far better speakers available for the same or less money.

A big +1

People still buy Bose cubes?

Yes, they are still the king of marketing, and not too enough people do search on line to find out, that they are actually garbage:(

Hi guys I am about to purchase a set of bose redline dule cube speakers and a bose vsc 10 centre speaker and was wondering if you have any advice on how they will work with the yamaha rxv 675 amp hope I haven't done the wrong thing any input is much appreciated.
Cheers Dave Ireland

Like the above two quotes, you can do a lot better than Bose for Your money:)
Just give us a budget and restriction to work with, and someone will offer you something much better for your money.

Coming from someone that use to own some Bose 301, a lot better then there present cube stuff.

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts