AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hurts but here goes. About 6 years ago I purchased Bose speakers. At the time they sounded better than my AM radio. But as time went on I realized I was missing something. Since I have purchased a Panasonic 58" Plasma

(1080P) TV and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player. It is time for the sound to compliment the picture. My receiver, a Yamaha RX-1400 works great. Here is the question. Is there anything out there that is about the size of the Bose that produces better sound? I will also get a sub.

(Go ahead and bash me. I deserve it).

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, and you've done that, so no need to bash.

If you require small speakers, don't expect any of them to really blow you out of the water. However, one other option is Orb Audio.

Here's a link you may want to take a look at.

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messa...79/128203.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I NEED to get out of the water. FAST! So if I move up in size without getting towers, what options do I have? Thanks for all your time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Check out Aperion 4 Series. Small, beautiful and sound great. Put out big speaker sound in a small package. 4Bs measure 8.75" x 5.33" x 5.5". Center measures 5.33" x 12.8" x 5.5". I own the larger 6Bs and 6Cs for my front soundstage but I would have no problems using the 4Bs as mains. They put out that much great sound.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dei08dei /forum/post/14276680

This hurts but here goes. About 6 years I purchased Bose speakers. At the time they sounded better than my AM radio. But as time went on I realized I was missing something. Since I have purchased a Panasonic 58" Plasma

(1080P) TV and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player. It is time for the sound to compliment the picture. My receiver, a Yamaha RX-1400 works great. Here is the question. Is there anything out there that is about the size of the Bose that produces better sound? I will also get a sub.

How much money do you want to spend?

·
Registered
565 Posts

Quote:

HAHA...nice

okay now that im done laughing
i would recomend, well, basically all the "standard stuff" your going to get asked to audition...paradigm, B&W, energy, even polk or klipsch based upon your price range.

i own the B&W 683 floorstanders so yes i am biased towards B&W...i just like their sound...$2000 for a complete 5.1 setup can get you something pretty nice...i dont know if you have a frys electronics in your area but they are always having sales on the polk RTI series floorstanders and then you can get bookshelves for surrounds or even their bipole/dipole surround speakers budget permitting...oh ya and you also might want to check out infinity audio...they make some decent stuff in your price range as well.

you find klipsch at any best buy magnolia store...they stock Def Tech as well which you may as well check out while your there...some people really like their sound...you either love them or hate them is what i would say...i know i didnt like them at all, but thats just me...klipsch are easy to drive and to me sound almost "out of control" at times...really good for rock music...but definately do yourself a favor and at least check out paradigm and B&W...both are very fine speaker makers and quite honestly dont make a bad speaker IMO.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts

Quote:

You’ve been a really bad naughty little boy no supper for you tonight and that serves you right for buying Bose. Bose is for donkeys it’s basically a lemon that makes you squint your eyes like Renee Zellweger

Now I want to take a bar of soap and wash your mouth out for saying Bose, that’s filthy word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveyD4vey /forum/post/14278017

i own the B&W 683 floorstanders so yes i am biased towards B&W...i

I second B&W excellent choice and I would highly recommend the leader in cinema JBL since they have been at the start of "Talkie " "The Jazz Singer" (1927) they know more about packing a pucker punch in the cinema as well as the home cinema.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal-dog /forum/post/14276809

Check out Aperion 4 Series. Small, beautiful and sound great. Put out big speaker sound in a small package. 4Bs measure 8.75" x 5.33" x 5.5". Center measures 5.33" x 12.8" x 5.5". I own the larger 6Bs and 6Cs for my front soundstage but I would have no problems using the 4Bs as mains. They put out that much great sound.

Sunfire should be on your list.

Nevermind, too expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts